HAPPY THANKSGIVING: This Thanksgiving Day, let’s remember that we do have so much to be thankful for.
By M.D. Kittle | Watchdog.org
There’s a lot of turmoil in the world. ISIS in Iraq. Riots in Ferguson. A shirtless Vladimir Putin roaming the Russian countryside.
But with all of the bad, there’s still a lot of good left in what John Prine once aptly called this “Big Old Goofy World.”
So on this Thanksgiving Day, let’s remember that we do have so much to be thankful for.
Here are seven blessings to get you started.
1) Al Sharpton can’t live forever (Can he? What’s the shelf life on hate?)
2) No more campaign ads for at least six more weeks (Offer not valid in Louisiana)
— John Baiata (@JBaiata) November 5, 2014
3) If Jonathan Gruber did your taxes, chances are you won’t be audited by the IRS, although chances are the “architect” will call you “stupid.”
4) You still have a job (not valid for Chuck Hagel, Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke — although she didn’t have a job before — and many Democratic members of the U.S. Senate beginning early next year)
5) U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell hasn’t lost that youthful glow in his jowls.
6) If you like your green bean casserole, you can keep your green bean casserole.
7) We’ve always got the U.S. Constitution to protect our rights and our form of democracy (Offer no longer applies in the United States of America, including the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands, and associated territorial waters and airspace.)